Monday, June 29, 2009

Paris

I went to London in the 12th grade for 10 days. It was an amazing trip, and it was really cool to be able to travel with a group of my high school buddies. That trip really gave me a taste of travel, and I always wanted to return to Europe to see some of the other countries.

Fast forward 10 years, a marriage and a kid later I finally returned. This time my wife planned out the whole thing. It was great, we went to Paris for a week with our kid and saw so much. It was amazing how much we could see on foot and using the metro. We went to the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower, the Catacomb, and a tonne of other places.

This trip meant so much to me that I decided to find a unique way to remember it. I found a site called Earth Claim . It was one of the most unique things I'd ever found on the web. It describes a parallel universe with an earth just like our own. Only there are no people. There is a whole back story. But what it all comes down to is the fact that you can purchase land. Any land, as long as someone else hasn't bought it already.

I decided to pick up the louvre. What a funny concept. Here you can check out my deed. I'll never forget this trip, and with this certificate on my wall, neither will anyone walking into my office.